1 Pound Ground Turkey
1 Package Taco Seasoning
1/3 Cup Water
Zilks Fresh Salsa
5-6 Diced Mushrooms
1/3 Large Onion Diced
1. Heat a drizzle of oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the turkey in pieces to the pan and brown. Continue to break the ground turkey into piece for about 5 minutes. Transfer the turkey to a dinner plate. Add another drizzle of oil to the skillet and then add diced onion and mushrooms, sauté until tender.
2. Add the cooked ground turkey back to the skillet and mix with onions and mushrooms. Add in packet of taco seasoning, water and dice jalapenos. Mix well. Once everything is seasoned, take off the heat.
3. Spoon the taco meat into the lettuce wraps and top with Zilks Fresh Salsa, kidney beans, cheese, olives and cilantro. Enjoy!
Zilks Foods received official Verification from the Non-GMO Project for nine of its products: Balsamic Roasted Garlic & Red Onion Hummus, Famous Original Hummus, Hatch Green Chili Hummus, Jalapeno & Cilantro Hummus, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Spinach & Artichoke Hummus, Hot Fresh Salsa, Medium Fresh Salsa and Mild Fresh Salsa. Receiving Verification strengthens Zilks Foods belief that good food comes from healthy, high-quality ingredients.
The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization and North America’s only third party verification and labeling for non-GMO food and products. Once products are Verified, they are able to bear the Verification seal indicating that the item has gone through the Non-GMO Project’s strenuous Verification process. Be on the lookout, you will now see the Non-GMO Project Verification logo on our packaging!!
“At Zilks, we strive to add value to the marketplace through foods that are clean, natural and great tasting. Receiving the Non-GMO Project Verification on nine of our products reinforces our commitment to producing non-GMO products and we are extremely pleased,” said John Anderson, owner of Zilks Foods.
We are two weeks into the new year and we are very excited to introduce new flavors to you guys! We have been cooking up a storm and working hard to bring fresh inventive flavors to our consumers. We have just released an EXTREMELY HOT Salsa that is sold exclusively at Whole Foods Market at the Domain. Caution: this salsa is made with habanero and ghost peppers! It is a delicious salsa that has an explosive bite! If extremely hot salsa isn’t your thing then you have the option of trying 3 other delicious flavors of Zilks salsa: Medium, Mild and Hot. Our new mild and hot salsas will soon hit stores.
Not only have we added new salsa flavors, but we have also added two new tzatziki flavors: Hatch Chili Tzatziki and Jalapeno Tzatziki! Our Greek yogurt based dip is one of our most popular dips that we sell. Both flavors are sure to be a hit with our consumers! The light and creamy texture of our new tzatzikis is packed with a mouth-watering bite that will keep you coming back for more. You can find our new hatch chili tzatziki and jalapeno tzatziki exclusively at Whole Foods Market at the Domain.
We are always striving to stay competitive in this market and are always looking to bring our consumers delicious new flavors! Zilks Foods is very excited to share these new flavors for 2014! Post what new flavors you would like to see: HERE
There are many ways for you to eat Zilks! Below are some of our favorite ways to eat our hummus, salsa and tzatziki!
- Use hummus instead of mayo as a spread for a turkey or lettuce wrap
- Spread hummus on toast or bagels, rather than cream cheese or butter
- Dip your veggies in hummus or tzatziki. Carrots, celery and broccoli are our favorites!
- Mound several tablespoons of hummus into an avocado for a quick mini-meal
- Top your burger off with a dollop of tzatziki
- Replace the marinara sauce on your pizza with hummus
- Use salsa as a dressing for a fajita salad
- Bake a chicken breast with hummus on top- Super flavorful!
- Spread hummus on a piece of bread and top it off with veggies. Sprouts, tomatoes and avocados are our favorites!
- Add salsa to your queso for more flavor
What are your favorite ways to eat Zilks? Be sure to post your responce on our Facebook page: HERE
Have you noticed anything different about Zilks? After many months of R&D, and packaging revisions, we are excited to introduce the new and improved Zilks! We have tweaked our recipe’s to enhance the flavor of Zilks but still maintaining that fluffy texture our consumers love. We conducted extensive focus group taste tests to come up with a premium product. Our recipe changes not only make our dips more flavorful, but it has also extended our shelf life allowing Zilks the ability to ship nationwide. Another great step in Zilks domination! Another change you might have noticed is our new round containers and colorful labels. We are super excited to introduce all of these new changes to our customers! With increasing competition, it is important that we stay ahead of the game and offer the most we can at Zilks! Although we have made some changes we still stand by our quality standards of being All-Natural, Certified Gluten Free, and Non-GMO Verified. We hope you are just as excited as we are to spread it around!
Look for our new containers and labels!
To view our new recipes & nutritionals go to our website and click on the hummus, tzatziki, and salsa tabs.
Do you have any questions or comments? Be sure to post them to our Facebook page: HERE